Skip to main content

Easter is Egg-citing!



I'm not sure about you, but Easter is one of my favourite times of the year - and yes, I enjoy Easter egg hunts even though I am beyond 7 years old. But who cares anyway?

In 2017, I had an Easter party as a project for an Events Management course for my degree - cuz I mean, my whole life revolves around school basically. And even if you can't tell how much I feel like I am school and school is me, I had another Easter activity at a Children's Home last year, for another course (Social Entrepreneurship), LOL. I just love the whole notion of Easter and sure, it revolves around a sentimental occurrence for Christians but for everyone else it's still a great time for fun activities.
Image showing some Easter-themed cupcakes I ordered for a party.

Here are some ways to make your Easter memorable.

1. Have an Easter Party - It doesn't have to be super extravagant or expensive, but you can gather up some kids you know (like relatives and family friends) and have a little party that includes some Easter-themed activities. For that 2017 project I was telling you about, I had the kids do a painting of an Easter egg, colour some Easter bunnies I found on the Internet, I told them an Easter story and had little prizes for those who answered questions. We had refreshments such as popcorn, ribbon sandwiches, Easter-themed cupcakes, cookies, soft drinks and ice cream. And to top off the event, I had an Easter-egg hunt. There were also small tokens for the kid who found the most eggs and the one who found the golden egg. It was loads of fun and it doesn't have to be expensive! I'll drop some pics below for you to check it out.
Image of the kids running off as the Easter egg hunt begins.
Image of the kids' Easter egg paintings.


2. Give back - So you don't know any kids.....well that's fine. There are lots of Children's Homes and other types of homes with persons who would love to feel some warmth especially around holidays like Easter. So gather up some friends and head over there armed with some Easter treats and a pleasant smile. They'll appreciate it. Last year for my Social Entrepreneurship course, we chose to do this and we found a Children's home in South, Trinidad, held an easter egg hunt and did other activities like pin- the -tail - on - the -bunny (kick out the donkey for the while) and so on. We had pizza, cake and icecream. Once you do this with a good heart and not for clout, it'll be worth your while.
Image showing the Pin the tail on the bunny game that the kids played.

Image showing the tails for the Pin the tail on the bunny game.


3. Go to Church - Hey! You don't have to be a Christian to step into Church. Easter is a great time to get in there just to learn about the reason behind the season *cliche* and you might just get some form of treats. (Lemme let you in on a secret here: for special occasions, Churches do things like give away free food or something of the sort to commemorate the occasion). Now I ain't saying go to Church because of free food but go to Church cuz.....free food. And it's a celebratory time so you'll probably get to see some dancing, singing and an Easter play.

4. Do something fun to pass the time - In the lead up to Easter most of your Christian friends may be fasting for the Lenten period. So, to pass the time, you can create some buzz around the season itself. For instance, on work we had an Easter egg hunt and also an Easter raffle. My colleagues had to pay a fee to enter the hunt (which will cover the costs of eggs and treats) and also pay for their chances in the raffle (which covers the cost of the prizes). So we had something to look forward to in the lead up to Easter which was so much fun!


5. Good Friday Bobolee & Hot Cross Buns- In Trinidad & Tobago, we know Easter's almost here when we see random rag dolls at the side of the road or tied to poles. They usually symbolize someone in society that the creator of the doll believes needs "licks" (a beating/whooping). I'm excited to see what others come up with this year for their bobolees. I've never tried one but you never know what could happen this year! And don't forget to partake in some delicious hot cross buns to end the festivities. There are buns and then there are hot cross buns. Something about that white icing slaps different.

What are you doing for Easter? Let me know in the comments below!

Don't forget to follow me on:
    for more content!
 See ya in my next post,
 Paula J.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Wanderlust, The Series Continues

" Travel makes you modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world, " - Gustav Flaubert. Dear Wanderlust, The series continues....... Meet Kelsey and her beautiful daughter! Last time your eyes were glued to this blog, you read about a daring, young woman who gave her life wings and travelled all the way to Spain from a tiny speck on the world map, known as Trinidad. Now moving there on your own is a whole experience in itself, but what if you moved with your immediate family too? Would that make you feel less homesick with them there? Let's find out in this interview with Kelsey, who moved to Vietnam - from Trinidad -  with her family. Yes, you read that correctly. V I E T N A M. 1. Location: Q. Where are you from originally and where did you move to? A. I was born and raised on the beautiful island of Trinidad and Tobago. As far as places to be born, T&T is as good as it gets. However, for a year now, my family and I have

Tutorial: DIY Emoji Piñata

I made a piñata for a family event and decided I should share the process with you guys! So here's a quick guide on how to make a piñata for yourself! Now I am by no means a professional DIYer, but at least I can say that I tried! You'll need: A pair of scissors Tape/ Glue Cardboard or any type of sturdy material for the piñata itself Treats/Goodies Tissue/Kite/Crepe Paper (any paper of your choice) Step 1: Prep Cut the cardboard into two circles and some strips for the sides. The size of the circles depends on how large you would like the piñata to be. Similarly for the strips, the length depends on the circle's size. You'd have to make sure that the strip/s can go around, just about the entire circle. You'll see why a little further down. Read on! Step 2: Making the Frame   Now you'd have to tape up the strip for around the circle. A trick is to tape the cardboard strip up on the sides first (vertically) so that i

Just Snap Out Of It

"What's on your mind?" That's the infamous Facebook prompter for users to update their status. But, what's really on your mind? Would Facebook - and all who follow you - really like to know what's on your mind? If you haven't guessed it already, this post is about mental health. I know, it's early in a New Year and this is a heavy topic but it must be talked about. My little random blog is probably not going to make such a drastic change in the world but i'll be sure to discuss real issues and somehow influence you guys in some way to feel comfortable enough to share your thoughts with someone. It's healthy - contrary to the way we were raised, right? In some way, speaking about how you felt was taboo. I remember my first panic attack. I was seventeen and in a classroom on my laptop. We didn't have a scheduled class at that time, so I think I was playing a game. All my classmates were in their worlds doing whatever and I just