Skip to main content

5 Thoughtful Christmas Gifts For Ya!

Photo By: Pexels.com

Christmas is so nostalgic to me. I know that some of us really struggle with getting into the 'Christmas Spirit' but I feel like it's easy to embody Christmas once you think about your childhood. Now for sure not every Christmas was great as a kid- like that year you wanted a bike, but you got a new outfit, or sometimes nothing at all....not even coal, Lol, get it? On the more morbid side of things, some kids never even got a plate of food - on a regular day, much less for Christmas - so we really have lots to be grateful for.

One of the things that puts me right in the Christmas Spirit is gift-giving. Just thinking about all the gifts I want to give to my friends and family always make me feel warm inside. Like hot-chocolate-with-marshmallows-on-top type of warm. I could use a cup right now in this cold office... the A/C is blasting. I love giving *and receiving* gifts so I thought I should share some thoughtful gift ideas with you to get you right in gear for the season. These ideas of course, will be thrifty so our Christmas spend wouldn't be soooo great.


For Mum/Grand Ma/Your Aunt/Your future self:
Photo By: Pexels.com

There's nothing quite like your mum/grandma's cooking. So why not make a gesture beyond your generation by creating a book with all of your mum/grandma's cooking. Think about it! A great family recipe book, that your grandma will leave behind and it could be passed down to family members generations from now! I think that is so thoughtful and worth it.

It's also a great way to spend time with your grandma/mum because you'd have to find out their recipes, so there'll be a lot of bonding happening outside of the pot too!

For Dad/Grand Dad/Uncle:

Not to be cliché but men like sports. Buy him a sporting event ticket. It'll be 10 times the fun of staying at home and watching it on T.V. all day. So football matches, cricket games all that good stuff in your community/city, you should find out when it's happening and book a ticket for them. Trust me, they're tired of the socks, ties and underwear.

For the BFF:

A cute trend i'm seeing is wishing bottles. They're cute glass bottles with charms on them and the idea is for your friend to place their wishes for the next year in them, or to make it even cuter you can place all your good wishes for them in the bottle and gift it. Another trend i'm seeing is giving gifts of energy/crystals. The crystals are said to source powers of positivity and all great powers of the universe. There's even deeper and more unique meanings to the different types of crystals. So do your research and give your friend some positive energy for Christmas!


For the Significant Other:
Photo By: Pexels.com

I think intangible gifts are the best thoughtful gifts! Recreating old dates from when you first met is such an awesome idea. Doesn't necessarily have to be for Christmas but I mean you should capitalize on the nostalgia that occurs during this season! Visiting an old place you two used to visit but don't really anymore is a gift that's hard to beat!

For a Kid:

Photo By: Pexels.com
We're at an age where our friends are actually creating their own little families so we may have to add some kids to our Christmas list. Now don't be lame and buy the kid a toy. Buy them an album, but not just any album. An album with a voice recorder on the cover. My niece got one for her Christening and I thought it was the cutest thing ever. I could just imagine when she grows up in a couple years and she replays her recording! This gift idea is just all-around cute! It's a great way for the kid and their parents to bond as well, printing pics and inserting them in the little flaps together. These new babies will be quite surprised to have a physical album as they get older too.

Photo by Pixabay from Pexels

Don't forget to follow me on:
    for more content!




 See ya in my next post,
 Paula J.




Comments

  1. I truly appreciate this post. I’ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thank you again

    best buy gift card

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Wanderlust, The Series Continues

" Travel makes you modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world, " - Gustav Flaubert. Dear Wanderlust, The series continues....... Meet Kelsey and her beautiful daughter! Last time your eyes were glued to this blog, you read about a daring, young woman who gave her life wings and travelled all the way to Spain from a tiny speck on the world map, known as Trinidad. Now moving there on your own is a whole experience in itself, but what if you moved with your immediate family too? Would that make you feel less homesick with them there? Let's find out in this interview with Kelsey, who moved to Vietnam - from Trinidad -  with her family. Yes, you read that correctly. V I E T N A M. 1. Location: Q. Where are you from originally and where did you move to? A. I was born and raised on the beautiful island of Trinidad and Tobago. As far as places to be born, T&T is as good as it gets. However, for a year now, my family and I have

Tutorial: DIY Emoji Piñata

I made a piñata for a family event and decided I should share the process with you guys! So here's a quick guide on how to make a piñata for yourself! Now I am by no means a professional DIYer, but at least I can say that I tried! You'll need: A pair of scissors Tape/ Glue Cardboard or any type of sturdy material for the piñata itself Treats/Goodies Tissue/Kite/Crepe Paper (any paper of your choice) Step 1: Prep Cut the cardboard into two circles and some strips for the sides. The size of the circles depends on how large you would like the piñata to be. Similarly for the strips, the length depends on the circle's size. You'd have to make sure that the strip/s can go around, just about the entire circle. You'll see why a little further down. Read on! Step 2: Making the Frame   Now you'd have to tape up the strip for around the circle. A trick is to tape the cardboard strip up on the sides first (vertically) so that i

Just Snap Out Of It

"What's on your mind?" That's the infamous Facebook prompter for users to update their status. But, what's really on your mind? Would Facebook - and all who follow you - really like to know what's on your mind? If you haven't guessed it already, this post is about mental health. I know, it's early in a New Year and this is a heavy topic but it must be talked about. My little random blog is probably not going to make such a drastic change in the world but i'll be sure to discuss real issues and somehow influence you guys in some way to feel comfortable enough to share your thoughts with someone. It's healthy - contrary to the way we were raised, right? In some way, speaking about how you felt was taboo. I remember my first panic attack. I was seventeen and in a classroom on my laptop. We didn't have a scheduled class at that time, so I think I was playing a game. All my classmates were in their worlds doing whatever and I just