Skip to main content

Let Your Dreams be Bigger than Your Fears!





It's 2019! It's a whole new year! I'm glad that we made it and i'm super excited for what's in store for me (and you) this year! I don't believe in New Year resolutions because I rarely -  if at all -  ever keep them. Listen! Since 2016, I was supposed to lose weight and let's just say I did the opposite of that, LOL. But, i'm such a believer in chasing what you want for yourself. So...... if you want a new car, well you know what you have to do to get that. Save.....maybe sell your old car and save... but you'd just have to take the necessary steps to accomplish that goal. Sounds like a great plan in your head but it's a ton of work and i'm sure you'd agree.

Here's where vision-boarding comes in! I learned about vision-boarding a couple years ago and recently I found a vid about it again and I was like *in my head* "you know you never did that vision board you said you were gonna do that one time". And here's the perfect opportunity! It's a new year, why not do it? It just takes a bit of effort.

So basically, vision-boarding is a way for you to have a physical and visual reminder of the things you want to achieve. I'm not super strict with myself so I won't say the vision board is for 2019 only, but it's great when you set a deadline to achieve your goal and actually stick to them. On the other hand, everyone is different and will take different amounts of time to achieve their goals. That's a conversation you'll have to have with yourself, internally. Set your goals and achieve them at your own pace.

I created my vision board by using the following steps:

1. Go to Youtube and look at crazy amounts of vids on how to create a vision board!

2. Get a board - Choosing the size of the board was difficult. I didn't want anything too big, or too small either, so I settled with 24 inches x 16 inches and I got it at my workplace.

3. Figure out which categories you'd like to include on the board - I chose career, health & fitness, finances, family, school goals, hair goals and adventures and I chose to include random inspirational quotes to insert on the board. This is totally up to you!

4. Find old magazines, newspaper articles, print stuff from online - anything really - to get the images that you want in each of the categories and cut them out and apply them to the board.

Some persons frame their board, but I was (and still am) on a budget, so we ain't all about that fancy life. Check out the image below to see how my board came out!



What are some of your resolutions? Or if you had to make a vision board, what would you include?Comment below!

Don't forget to follow me on:
for more content!

See ya in my next post,
Paula J.


Comments

  1. Beautiful vision board! I have a bullet journal that I use to make and track my short and long term goals, definitely feel inspired to stick some pics in there,a Mini mood book perhaps. Lol For now Pinterest is my virtual mood board, if one pic inspires me I put it as my phone wallpaper so I can see it often wherever I am :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the idea of a bullet journal but I am not sooo organized lol. I like the collage appeal with the random photos so the vision board is a perfect fit for me. Pinterest literally has all my aspirations for every aspect of my life, it's crazy.Thanks for reading & commenting Stefely!

      Delete
  2. Never heard of the vision board love the idea would definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Let me know how it comes out! Thanks for reading and commenting Karvelle!! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Really like the idea of a a vision board. Its very creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Try it out and send me a pic of it! Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Wanderlust, The Series Continues

" Travel makes you modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world, " - Gustav Flaubert. Dear Wanderlust, The series continues....... Meet Kelsey and her beautiful daughter! Last time your eyes were glued to this blog, you read about a daring, young woman who gave her life wings and travelled all the way to Spain from a tiny speck on the world map, known as Trinidad. Now moving there on your own is a whole experience in itself, but what if you moved with your immediate family too? Would that make you feel less homesick with them there? Let's find out in this interview with Kelsey, who moved to Vietnam - from Trinidad -  with her family. Yes, you read that correctly. V I E T N A M. 1. Location: Q. Where are you from originally and where did you move to? A. I was born and raised on the beautiful island of Trinidad and Tobago. As far as places to be born, T&T is as good as it gets. However, for a year now, my family and I have

Tutorial: DIY Emoji Piñata

I made a piñata for a family event and decided I should share the process with you guys! So here's a quick guide on how to make a piñata for yourself! Now I am by no means a professional DIYer, but at least I can say that I tried! You'll need: A pair of scissors Tape/ Glue Cardboard or any type of sturdy material for the piñata itself Treats/Goodies Tissue/Kite/Crepe Paper (any paper of your choice) Step 1: Prep Cut the cardboard into two circles and some strips for the sides. The size of the circles depends on how large you would like the piñata to be. Similarly for the strips, the length depends on the circle's size. You'd have to make sure that the strip/s can go around, just about the entire circle. You'll see why a little further down. Read on! Step 2: Making the Frame   Now you'd have to tape up the strip for around the circle. A trick is to tape the cardboard strip up on the sides first (vertically) so that i

Just Snap Out Of It

"What's on your mind?" That's the infamous Facebook prompter for users to update their status. But, what's really on your mind? Would Facebook - and all who follow you - really like to know what's on your mind? If you haven't guessed it already, this post is about mental health. I know, it's early in a New Year and this is a heavy topic but it must be talked about. My little random blog is probably not going to make such a drastic change in the world but i'll be sure to discuss real issues and somehow influence you guys in some way to feel comfortable enough to share your thoughts with someone. It's healthy - contrary to the way we were raised, right? In some way, speaking about how you felt was taboo. I remember my first panic attack. I was seventeen and in a classroom on my laptop. We didn't have a scheduled class at that time, so I think I was playing a game. All my classmates were in their worlds doing whatever and I just